The English Premier League (EPL) is the highest level professional football code in the United Kingdom, and produces some of the best quality football across the globe.
The EPL has also been the home of, and remains the home to, some of the most skilled and elite football players to have ever graced the game, including world renowned names such as Sergio Aguero, Cristiano Ronaldo, Thierry Henry, Roy Keane, Harry Kane, Ryan Giggs, Tim Howard, Joe Hart, Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Tim Cahill, Carlos Tevez, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard and Didier Drogba.
Gambling on this great sport is a popular tradition for Australians, as the game regularly offers highly profitable odds due to the nature of the sport – three possible outcomes for every regular season game, including a win to the home team, a win to the away team, and a draw. The odds for all three results can often stand at over $2.00 each, allowing for some enticing returns.
Best bookmaker bonuses and free bets for EPL betting
Australians have a host of choices when it comes to licensed and regulated online sports betting sites, and all bookies boast a range of enticing free bets, bonuses, specials and competitions, ensuring online wagering remains as the most profitable and rewarding way to bet.
1. Sportsbet – As a new member, you are rewarded with a free bet matched at 100 per cent of your first deposit and wager, up to $501. With one of the largest EPL betting markets online, Sportsbet also offers some first class promotions on the Premier League, including regular cash back specials on specified matches and first goal scorer bonuses.
2. William Hill – Enjoy a free bet up to $700 with William Hill, after you have made a secure deposit and placed your first wager. Ensure you sign up with an active email address so you are kept up to date with fresh promos and bonuses for Premier League and other sports.
3. Luxbet – Make the most of a free matched deposit bet up to the amount of $700, once you have signed up to become a registered member. With approximately 60 different betting markets available inside every EPL match, Luxbet offers some serious variety and competitive odds.
4. Bet365 – Deposit $20 or more with Bet365 and be rewarded with a matched freebie up to $200, which you can place on any sporting event you wish. Enjoy Bet365’s exclusive ‘Bore Draw’ money back special on Premier League games: place a ‘correct score’, ‘half time/full time’, or ‘scorecast’ bet and have your wager refunded if the match ends in a 0-0 draw.
5. CrownBet – If you’re a high stakes punter, pump in $400 into your newly created account and you will earn $600 in bonus bets. Alternatively, deposit $50 or more and grab three $50 free bets to kick things off. Great odds for all EPL games, plus a stack of regular promos and free competitions with cash prizes to be won.
Regular sports betting promos
All our endorsed sports bookies offer regular promotions as well as competitions and tournaments for existing members.
One of the most popular promos offered is the ‘refer a friend’ bonus, where current members of any bookmaker can refer friends to join up. For every friend the joins and makes an initial deposit (also awarded a matched deposit bonus bet), the member who referred the friend receives a free bonus bet, simply for the referral. Refer as many friends as you can.
Multi bet percentage boosters are also very popular among EPL punters – many bookies will offer up to a 20 per cent boost to your odds when you build a multi of four legs or more. Premier league matches are great for multi wagers, and with an additional boost, you can start to compile multis with some seriously attractive returns.
English Premier League wagering markets
Aside from the range of promotions and bonuses, the selection of betting markets for EPL matches is huge, and includes wagers such as:
- Correct score
- First goal scorer
- Winning margin
- Win and score combo
- Half time/full time result
- Number of goals scored
- Over/under variations
- Scorecast (first goal scorer + correct score)
- Time of first goal
- Handicap betting
- Will there be a clean sheet?
- Penalty awarded?
Future EPL betting for the 2016/2017 season:
- Outright winner
- Top goal scorer
- Top four finish
- Top 10 finish
- Top promoted team
- Bottom 10 finish
- To finish outside the top four
Plus a heap more.
Leicester City created history when it won the 2015/2016 Premier League Championship, starting the season at staggering long odds of 5000-1. With that in mind, we know anything can happen in this sport, and so here are the Sportsbet odds for outright winners of the upcoming 2016/2017 EPL season:
- Manchester City: $2.62
- Arsenal: $6.00
- Chelsea: $6.00
- Manchester United: $6.50
- Tottenham: $7.00
- Liverpool: $8.50
- Leicester City: $26.00
- Everton: $101.00
- South Hampton: $101.00
- West Ham: $101.00
- Stoke City: $276.00
- Crystal Palace: $501.00
Sunderland, Burnley, Swansea, Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, Watford and West Brom are all paying $1001.00. Get your wagers in early so you don’t miss out on some great odds.